Tuesday, 11 August 2009

Best present of the year!

Hubby n I were elated that Favian got a place in Nan Chiau Primary school! We were really blessed and lucky at the same time - cos i wasn't a volunteer parent and had to join all 190 applicants in the balloting scheme under Phase 2C 'vying' for a pathetic 73 openings...and thats less than 50% chance per applicant.

I reminded myself to witness the ballot at 9am this morning since last week. But becos we caught a late night movie last night, woke up late this morning and had to rush 2 kiddos to their schools....hubby only remembered about it at abt 930am! So we rushed back to Nan Chiau hoping to see the results and we were glad we did!

I went up to the hall immediately while hubby went to park his car. On the board were a total of 73 balloting slips and Favian's was the very 1st piece....I wasn't sure at first and checked the informattion on the slip over and over again...LOL
I must thank the parent who drew Favian's name with her lucky hands - and I hope her child got a place in NC pri too!

No words can truly describe how we felt at that moment. I urged all of you who wish for a good school for your children to be a parent volunteer to increase our chances of getting into a good school cos' I was kinda living in regret when I knew my child had to end up in balloting for a place in the school. I really count myself lucky and count my blessings too.

This will be the most meaningful gift I receive for this year!

0 comments:

A mother to 2 kiddos and a man. Indulging in my own world of creativity with my little clothing business. Loves sewing, cooking, crafting and shopping. Read about my ups and downs in life and see the world thru my very eyes.

blogging moms

Labels