Wednesday, 10 October 2007

Our 5th Anniversary

Mood: Romantic

Today marks the 5th year of our marriage - the day we ROMed 5 years ago. How time flies! Hubby and myself are together for 10 years since courtship days.

I knew hubby planned something for our special day a few days ago, but I didn't know the details as I was not supposed to. This is the first time he did the planning as in the past it was always me thinking where to go & making the reservations. So this time I decided to let him do the legwork and crack his brain for me.

It came as a surprise to me when we reached Clarke Quay and hubby held my hands and walked into this posh and elegant looking restaurant reception - AURUM. We walked past this restaurant many times before whenever we were at Clarke Quay. I remembered the huge chandelier at the foyer and commented that one day I would like to have my dinner there. Could it be that hubby got my hint ? :)

http://www.aurum.sg/



The stairs next to the chandelier led us to the main restaurant floor which features a see-thru kitchen where we can see the chef at work- Edward Voon was the executive chef. He even walked to us and had a chat when we finished our last course of dessert. Overall it was romantic setting with subtle candlight and the food were of fusion concept.

I was too overwhelmed by the entire setting and surprise that hubby had planned for me that we began tucking in when the appetisers were served and forgotten to take a snap of them. Hubby had a Salad of Alaska King Crab and mine was a Beef and Potato kind of compote.
Here's a snapshot of the salad (taken from website)



The second course of soup was my favourite dish. Hubby had a thick Lobster Bisque with dehydrated Cranberries. Mine is a Tempura Prawn with Shitake thick broth. The highlight of it was the golden powder which made the soup looked shimmery. The waitress even squirted some 'liquid soba' into the soup and it became noodles instantly. How amazing!



Hubby had Slow Cooked Abalone with Pearls for the main course and mine was Tuna Belly with Scallop. Both were yummy and surprising quite filling to the stomach.



Finally the dessert hubby had Strawberries Cilantro and Balsamic. Its was sweet and sour blend of strawberries in various forms. I had a Chocolate Nitro for my dessert. It's so interesting to see the chef prepare the white chocolate. He actually squeezed the creamy white chocolate into the liquid nitrogen and freeze it to become a somewhat ice-cream ball! This was specially chosen by hubby as he knows that I love brownies.



It was a sumptuous dinner and an eye-opener overall.
Total damage : S$280.00
! But it was worth it. Will be back for more in time to come!

1 comments:

emy said...

Thanks for the rundown commentary. I am always in search of good food with my hubby. :)

A mother to 2 kiddos and a man. Indulging in my own world of creativity with my little clothing business. Loves sewing, cooking, crafting and shopping. Read about my ups and downs in life and see the world thru my very eyes.

blogging moms

Labels