Tuesday, 5 February 2008
Maids from HELL
Yesterday the TV News reported this case of a baby abused by the maid. The mummy seem to be a fellow mummy from the SMH forum I frequent. The mummy posted video clips of the bloody maid's doings.
My heart stopped after watching the videos. The maid must be mad. How can a sane person possibly carried out such acts? Who in the right mind would do something so inhuman. Me as a mother of 2, can truly feel for the mummy. Hopefully the baby is ok, hope that he is strong enough to take all these abuse by the idiotic maid.
I was telling my mum yesterday that kids nowadays are fortunate but yet pitiful in different ways. Back then when we were young, life was hard, dad was the only breadwinner of the family. My mum being less educated, did not justify her time and effort to work and put us (me and my bro) with nannies. Hence she chose to be a SAHM which is a common site during that time. We were not well off, but we were happy and contented kids. On the other hand children nowadays are more fortunate as parents are better off now. They get presents for no particular reasons, always eat the best foods, wear the nicest clothes. With better lifestyles, means parents have to work extra hard. Most families depend ona double income now which means mummies have to go back to work after their maternity leaves.
I count myself lucky that my mum takes care of my kids when I need to work. Some less fortunate ones have to put their babies in infant/childcare, employ nannies or employ a domestic helper to take care of kids+housechores. There comes situations where maids are 'over-worked' juggling kids and endless housechores. Having personal pasts experiences with maids, I kinda have a phobia now. I am glad that I am able to spend more time with Mischa now compared to the time when i had Favian. Thanks to the fact that I have more flexible hours working for hubby. I am happy that I can witness her '1st times' and be able to tend to her needs at these important stages of her life. I really count my blessings.
My heart stopped after watching the videos. The maid must be mad. How can a sane person possibly carried out such acts? Who in the right mind would do something so inhuman. Me as a mother of 2, can truly feel for the mummy. Hopefully the baby is ok, hope that he is strong enough to take all these abuse by the idiotic maid.
I was telling my mum yesterday that kids nowadays are fortunate but yet pitiful in different ways. Back then when we were young, life was hard, dad was the only breadwinner of the family. My mum being less educated, did not justify her time and effort to work and put us (me and my bro) with nannies. Hence she chose to be a SAHM which is a common site during that time. We were not well off, but we were happy and contented kids. On the other hand children nowadays are more fortunate as parents are better off now. They get presents for no particular reasons, always eat the best foods, wear the nicest clothes. With better lifestyles, means parents have to work extra hard. Most families depend ona double income now which means mummies have to go back to work after their maternity leaves.
I count myself lucky that my mum takes care of my kids when I need to work. Some less fortunate ones have to put their babies in infant/childcare, employ nannies or employ a domestic helper to take care of kids+housechores. There comes situations where maids are 'over-worked' juggling kids and endless housechores. Having personal pasts experiences with maids, I kinda have a phobia now. I am glad that I am able to spend more time with Mischa now compared to the time when i had Favian. Thanks to the fact that I have more flexible hours working for hubby. I am happy that I can witness her '1st times' and be able to tend to her needs at these important stages of her life. I really count my blessings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
- S@L
- A mother to 2 kiddos and a man. Indulging in my own world of creativity with my little clothing business. Loves sewing, cooking, crafting and shopping. Read about my ups and downs in life and see the world thru my very eyes.
Feedjit
Labels
My Blogger Frens
- Blurbelle - Sweet Angel Chloe
- Breastfeeding Mummies
- Cactusnah - Eagan
- Catherine's Jovan
- Cindy - Baby Travis
- Elaine's Blog - Ethan Swee
- Evelyn - Journey Into Parenthood
- Fenni - Aurora Glory-Anne
- Fenni - Glacier
- Geneveive - Joshua
- Gillian - Javier
- Gloomybear - Arielle
- Grace - Baby Ashlyn
- Grace's Eliza
- Irin - R&R Twins' Mummy
- Joelle- Seth Sara
- K@ye's Claire
- Kelley- Reflections of you & me
- Kittybride's Chloe
- Langlao's Ashlee
- Lazykat's Zee Yann
- Lilian - Krissa's Precious Moments
- Mashmallow- Our Footprints
- May - Prince Ervin
- Michelle's Keira
- Pax- Matthew & Joanne
- Plim - Bella & Bevis
- Poochi's Hazel
- Starfruit - Rae
- Tinkabel - Baby Matthias
- Ueno's Leroy
- Weishy's Hayley
- YY - Teng Little Muscle Man
0 comments: