Friday, 20 July 2007
A Bag that makes a Statement
Mood: Fingers itching from all the online shopping
The most conveted bag of this season, the green bag by Anya Hindmarch. A fren of mine called me Yesterday and asked if I want to get the IT bag? This is the most talked about bag in London, USA, Hongkong and many other parts of the world.After I hung up the phone, I went to browse on the web to see what this little bag is all about. Now the trend has come to Singapore....I see the bag spree in SMH forum,personal blogs, Ebay, Yahoo...gosh....!
The most conveted bag of this season, the green bag by Anya Hindmarch. A fren of mine called me Yesterday and asked if I want to get the IT bag? This is the most talked about bag in London, USA, Hongkong and many other parts of the world.After I hung up the phone, I went to browse on the web to see what this little bag is all about. Now the trend has come to Singapore....I see the bag spree in SMH forum,personal blogs, Ebay, Yahoo...gosh....!


First thought that ran through my mind...funny looking bag. Why the craze? Then this morning, cannot resist the topic in the forum, I went to peek at the bag again...Nice....quite a cool bag for Wednesday shopping at Cold Storage (for the 'no plastic bags day')....but wait....who would pay S$40+ for a bag that started selling in London for about S$15?.....and how can we be sure that the bags (from sprees) are the real stuff or another Made in Chixx fake stuff? Hack, maybe just get my hands on a few bags, keep one for myself (since it's an IT bag, must have it!) and resell the rest when the price hikes..(wishful thinking, what if its worthless by then the stocks arrive?)
Then i chance upon this blogger's site and had a good laugh.....this is one humorous guy. Quoted from his blog:
"Sainsbury's launched I'm Not A Plastic Bag in 450 stores on the 25th April. Due to overwhelming demand all stock has now sold out." I heard in the greengrocers (yes, an exotic location for fashion gossip), that Blackpool had a queue to buy these shopping bags,with people coming from Preston to buy them and a quick look at ebay has £5 shopping bags going for £7 and the original designer ones for £50+ quid. According to the BBC they are made in China (big on sweatshop conditions, low on workers rights, eg. to have a break, fair pay) and flown here (so a big carbon footprint). So really just a way of getting a luxury brand lots of press and fake green credientials. I wish people would get a grip.
So I made one myself.." (wahahaha..this is a good one)

Now, should I buy or should I not......? No, not this la , I mean the real stuff.....
P/S: The purple colour is nice though :) *Wink*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
- S@L
- A mother to 2 kiddos and a man. Indulging in my own world of creativity with my little clothing business. Loves sewing, cooking, crafting and shopping. Read about my ups and downs in life and see the world thru my very eyes.
Feedjit
Labels
My Blogger Frens
- Blurbelle - Sweet Angel Chloe
- Breastfeeding Mummies
- Cactusnah - Eagan
- Catherine's Jovan
- Cindy - Baby Travis
- Elaine's Blog - Ethan Swee
- Evelyn - Journey Into Parenthood
- Fenni - Aurora Glory-Anne
- Fenni - Glacier
- Geneveive - Joshua
- Gillian - Javier
- Gloomybear - Arielle
- Grace - Baby Ashlyn
- Grace's Eliza
- Irin - R&R Twins' Mummy
- Joelle- Seth Sara
- K@ye's Claire
- Kelley- Reflections of you & me
- Kittybride's Chloe
- Langlao's Ashlee
- Lazykat's Zee Yann
- Lilian - Krissa's Precious Moments
- Mashmallow- Our Footprints
- May - Prince Ervin
- Michelle's Keira
- Pax- Matthew & Joanne
- Plim - Bella & Bevis
- Poochi's Hazel
- Starfruit - Rae
- Tinkabel - Baby Matthias
- Ueno's Leroy
- Weishy's Hayley
- YY - Teng Little Muscle Man
0 comments: