No Longer Pregnant
The day is here finally! I was due for C-section early in the morning at 8.30am. However due to some delays, the ops only started sometime after 9am. After half an hour of preparation, Baby Mischa was finally born to us!
Hubby was with me when the gynae delivered Baby Mischa.
Not much birthstory to share as mine was a C-section delivery. Anyhow this is a rundown of the whole experience.
This being my 2nd C-section, by right i should be well-prepared. But no, I was feeling jittery throughout. Guess its what some describe as the 'roller-coaster' effect. When you 1st take a roller coaster ride, you are not sure what to expect. The fears just come and go and you are not warned/prepared for what comes next. Then when you try to take a 2nd ride, the fears all creep back to you...you prepare to scream at the next turn and knows what comes next - and yes this is scary!
This exactly explains my feelings. Being pushed into the OT for a '2nd ride', it sure sends shivers down my spine. Although I was all mentally prepared for this day ever since I knew i was pregnant. And it gets scarier as days goes by as the vivid images of what takes place in the OT haunts me again. I have never prayed so hard in my life and I did that the night and few min and during the ops. Also thank all my friends who prayed for me for a smooth delivery.
Everything was done, edema, Epidural was set up and I could slowly feel the numbness from my lower body downwards. I was awake throughout the whole ops and the anesthetist, Dr. Tay even chatted with me. When baby Mischa was ready to be delivered, Dr.Lim sent hubby in to witness the birth of our baby.
Dr. Tay was asked to push baby from my upper abdominal and Dr. Lim pulled baby from below. Its was like a tug of war - according to hubby. Within seconds i could hear Mischa's cries. First words that came out of hubby's mouth was : " she looks like Favian!"...hahaha...so cutie.
Baby Mischa was wrapped up and brought to me and Dr. Tay started taking snapshots of our 1st family photo ( too bad Favian could nt be ard) After the joyful moment, Mischa was pushed to be cleaned up and measurements were taken.
I was left in the ops to be stitched up. This time i felt the pain on my upper abs and couldnt bear the pain. Dr. Tay gave me laughing gas and within a few moments I drifted into 'wonderland'. I was feeling the 'high' which is one of the effects of inhaling the laughing gas, but it does ease the sharp pain. After that I was sent to the recovery room with BP and temperature taken. Soon I was sent back to my ward and Little Favian and my family were waiting for me at the reception. i almost cried when I saw them as I felt a sense of relief after the smooth delivery.
- S@L
- A mother to 2 kiddos and a man. Indulging in my own world of creativity with my little clothing business. Loves sewing, cooking, crafting and shopping. Read about my ups and downs in life and see the world thru my very eyes.
Feedjit
Labels
My Blogger Frens
- Blurbelle - Sweet Angel Chloe
- Breastfeeding Mummies
- Cactusnah - Eagan
- Catherine's Jovan
- Cindy - Baby Travis
- Elaine's Blog - Ethan Swee
- Evelyn - Journey Into Parenthood
- Fenni - Aurora Glory-Anne
- Fenni - Glacier
- Geneveive - Joshua
- Gillian - Javier
- Gloomybear - Arielle
- Grace - Baby Ashlyn
- Grace's Eliza
- Irin - R&R Twins' Mummy
- Joelle- Seth Sara
- K@ye's Claire
- Kelley- Reflections of you & me
- Kittybride's Chloe
- Langlao's Ashlee
- Lazykat's Zee Yann
- Lilian - Krissa's Precious Moments
- Mashmallow- Our Footprints
- May - Prince Ervin
- Michelle's Keira
- Pax- Matthew & Joanne
- Plim - Bella & Bevis
- Poochi's Hazel
- Starfruit - Rae
- Tinkabel - Baby Matthias
- Ueno's Leroy
- Weishy's Hayley
- YY - Teng Little Muscle Man
2 comments:
Congrats on the arrival of your princess Mischa! :)
Hope to see more pictures soon. Take good care of yourself ya. :)
Hi! Ron sent me a picture of the lil' princess, she's so adorable! Looking forward to reading your birth story and other updates!