Tuesday, 9 September 2008
Mooncake Making Season
Lately I was inspired by some of the mummies from the SMH baking thread. They make really nice looking (taste I dun know, but they sure look mouth-watering enough!) moonies.
I am not a mooncake person, but I just want to give it a try and make moonies from scratch. The easiest mooncakes to make for beginners are the snowskin mooncakes cos they require no baking and are less time consuming.
I only make the snowskin from scratch, but not the lotus paste though - my 'kungfu' not there yet.
So these are my works - all in HELLO KITTY mould:
1st attempt:
Red Wine lotus paste with vanilla flavoured snowskin. Followed the recipe given but a tad too soft, but taste is ok.

Imprint not very clear cos i used the wrong mould

Inside showing the filling - red wine paste with mashmallow - yum yum

2nd attempt today:

I used the silicone bakeware and these moonies came out more defined. Love the rich colour although my hb said it looked scary!
I am still hoping to find a proper mould for making mooncakes and for collection as well. But its probably too late for this year. Maybe can keep for the following years. If anyone knows whereI can get this, pls buzz me!
My Dream HK Mooncake mould:
I am not a mooncake person, but I just want to give it a try and make moonies from scratch. The easiest mooncakes to make for beginners are the snowskin mooncakes cos they require no baking and are less time consuming.
I only make the snowskin from scratch, but not the lotus paste though - my 'kungfu' not there yet.
So these are my works - all in HELLO KITTY mould:
1st attempt:
Red Wine lotus paste with vanilla flavoured snowskin. Followed the recipe given but a tad too soft, but taste is ok.
Imprint not very clear cos i used the wrong mould
Inside showing the filling - red wine paste with mashmallow - yum yum
2nd attempt today:
I used the silicone bakeware and these moonies came out more defined. Love the rich colour although my hb said it looked scary!
I am still hoping to find a proper mould for making mooncakes and for collection as well. But its probably too late for this year. Maybe can keep for the following years. If anyone knows whereI can get this, pls buzz me!
My Dream HK Mooncake mould:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
- S@L
- A mother to 2 kiddos and a man. Indulging in my own world of creativity with my little clothing business. Loves sewing, cooking, crafting and shopping. Read about my ups and downs in life and see the world thru my very eyes.
Feedjit
Blog Archive
-
▼
2008
(96)
-
▼
September
(18)
- Love cuppies!
- Fondant Modelling Class
- Baking Cuppies!
- Thumbs up!
- Fish Head with Papaya Soup - BM booster
- Oven Baked Rice
- Chicken & Potatoes Stew
- 红槽鸡 - Red rice wine residue chicken
- Mischa is 10 Months - Toothchart
- Mooncake Making Season
- Lantern Fest at Chinese Garden
- Hello Kitty Madness
- No title
- Thomas & Friends Live!
- Mischa's First Passport
- Motherhood Forum Gathering
- Thomas Friends Live!
- Fidgets Play date
-
▼
September
(18)
Labels
My Blogger Frens
- Blurbelle - Sweet Angel Chloe
- Breastfeeding Mummies
- Cactusnah - Eagan
- Catherine's Jovan
- Cindy - Baby Travis
- Elaine's Blog - Ethan Swee
- Evelyn - Journey Into Parenthood
- Fenni - Aurora Glory-Anne
- Fenni - Glacier
- Geneveive - Joshua
- Gillian - Javier
- Gloomybear - Arielle
- Grace - Baby Ashlyn
- Grace's Eliza
- Irin - R&R Twins' Mummy
- Joelle- Seth Sara
- K@ye's Claire
- Kelley- Reflections of you & me
- Kittybride's Chloe
- Langlao's Ashlee
- Lazykat's Zee Yann
- Lilian - Krissa's Precious Moments
- Mashmallow- Our Footprints
- May - Prince Ervin
- Michelle's Keira
- Pax- Matthew & Joanne
- Plim - Bella & Bevis
- Poochi's Hazel
- Starfruit - Rae
- Tinkabel - Baby Matthias
- Ueno's Leroy
- Weishy's Hayley
- YY - Teng Little Muscle Man
1 comments:
I like that mooncake mold too.
I am also collecting as well.