Wednesday, 8 August 2007
My new found hobby
Mood: Excited
Knitting has been a hobby I wanted to pick up since my school days. However it seemed like an expensive hobby and I always thought that we can only knit scarves and sweaters. In our climate, it is kinda impractical to be knitting stuff like that and i dun travel to places that are cold very often. Thus I have put that idea off for almost over a decade.
Recently I chanced upon Dor's lifeblog (a mummy from SMH forum) and she also enjoy knitting. I was fascinated by her works and she knits for her baby girl and herself. Then she posted a picture of the little booties she made for her Little Constance. I loved it and wanted to make those for baby Mischa too! It was very kind of Dor to offer beginner's knitting lessons for me, but the excited me could not wait and went to Chinatown the next day to shop for knitting tools and yarns. There were teachers in the craft shop offering free coaching as long as we get the materials from them. So today was my second day and I have started on my 1st project, a Bonnet for my baby. These are the things I bought yesterday. (yesterday have been learning the basics of knitting - see the white yarn below)

And this is the project that I am working on. I have started on the bonnet and will move on to make the scarf , booties and maybe the cardigan. *I hope I am not too ambitious!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
- S@L
- A mother to 2 kiddos and a man. Indulging in my own world of creativity with my little clothing business. Loves sewing, cooking, crafting and shopping. Read about my ups and downs in life and see the world thru my very eyes.
Feedjit
Labels
My Blogger Frens
- Blurbelle - Sweet Angel Chloe
- Breastfeeding Mummies
- Cactusnah - Eagan
- Catherine's Jovan
- Cindy - Baby Travis
- Elaine's Blog - Ethan Swee
- Evelyn - Journey Into Parenthood
- Fenni - Aurora Glory-Anne
- Fenni - Glacier
- Geneveive - Joshua
- Gillian - Javier
- Gloomybear - Arielle
- Grace - Baby Ashlyn
- Grace's Eliza
- Irin - R&R Twins' Mummy
- Joelle- Seth Sara
- K@ye's Claire
- Kelley- Reflections of you & me
- Kittybride's Chloe
- Langlao's Ashlee
- Lazykat's Zee Yann
- Lilian - Krissa's Precious Moments
- Mashmallow- Our Footprints
- May - Prince Ervin
- Michelle's Keira
- Pax- Matthew & Joanne
- Plim - Bella & Bevis
- Poochi's Hazel
- Starfruit - Rae
- Tinkabel - Baby Matthias
- Ueno's Leroy
- Weishy's Hayley
- YY - Teng Little Muscle Man

0 comments: