Thursday, 25 November 2010

Thoughts for tonight

It's been a really really jam-packed crazy year for me. Following our move into the new place in March, I started my little designing and sewing business. I can still recall a fellow mummy friend who asked me if I were interested to participate in a charity fair in October for the school selling my stuffs and donating a portion of it to the school to help the children.
That was back in early April.
To be honest, I wasn't sure if my business would last that long or if I would still be interested to do it by the time October comes.
But time really really literally fly before my eyes... It's already coming to the end of November! And yes, My passion is still blazing hot!! But due to some changes I didn't go for the fair after all.
What I'm trying to say is that I couldn't believe I can do this for so long cos it merely started as a passion n past time.

It was really madness for a couple of months after I started. Though I love the fact that my works are well received by others, it can get rather stressful sometimes rushing deadlines and making sure customers are satisfied with my products.
8months after, I do feel exhausted sometimes, dreading my everyday sewing non-stop. Sometimes neglecting my kiddos and Hubby becos of my endless sewing

I hv pondered n thought really hard. Perhaps I should take it slowly. As much as I love being independent earning my own keeps, I should still hv some me-time and social life. So yeah, I will be refining my strategy and taking lesser customized orders to concentrate more on my unique OOAK pieces.
So folks, do bear with me for a while ... Come 2011 will be a brighter yr for me!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

A mother to 2 kiddos and a man. Indulging in my own world of creativity with my little clothing business. Loves sewing, cooking, crafting and shopping. Read about my ups and downs in life and see the world thru my very eyes.

blogging moms

Labels